He met us in the terminal and then while he went to the restroom, we sat on a bench. Three minutes when we got up to leave Abbie said, "I need help." Turned out to be an understatement. She had put two fingers in the perforations of the bench and they were stuck. We tried soap, lotion, butter, ice but nothing worked.

Daddy called 911 and they sent the Rescue Truck from the firestation next door. The Rescue Team sawed and snipped and cut the piece of the bench with her fingers out. They then carefully snipped pieces of the bench away from her fingers.
Abbie was very brave - she quietly cried during the entire ordeal but was able to answer questions and let us know if she was getting cold or if anything hurt.
Lesson learned (according to Abbie): Babies can put their fingers in the holes but little girls and grown-ups should not.

1 comment:
oh my goodness! how scary, silly Miss Abbie ( Although I must admit, I have a tendancy to put my fingers thru little holes like this & have had a scare or two when it came time to pull them out, but nothing like this!) I sure do miss that little lady & would love to find a time that we can all get together. Let me know if you guys are up for a playdate soon!!!!
Post a Comment