Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Update: School

"How is Abbie adjusting to school?" is what we're asked these days. All I can tell you is that we think she's adjusting. She must be adjusting because we don't hear any complaints. She willingly gets up and dressed each day and after only a month, sheds no (or few) tears at drop off.

So, while we don't hear any complaints, we actually don't hear much of anything. When asked, "Abbie, how was your day?" She'll say, "I had a hard day." or she'll say, "Good." But no details follow. And if you ask directly she doesn't know or can't remember.

But every once in a while she'll launch into a story about school. Last night it was a story about napping on her new blanket (pictured underneath her in the photo.) From what I could understand, her blanket is larger than the mat upon which she naps. She thinks we should throw away the blanket and make a new one. NO. I pinned and repinned that crazy blanket and then, with Abbie on my lap, sewed it. We're not throwing it away. I suggested she just fold it to fit on the mat.

The other story I heard last night was about a hippomatamus that Astrud, a classmate of Abbie's, brought to school which was apparently biting and the kids' fingers. Luckily Abbie had a supply of pretend bandaids that the kids used to wrap their fingers.

Now you know about as much as we do about Abbie's school.

No comments: